Saying of the Week
"I have been sent to perfect good character."
He also said:
"The believers most perfect in faith are those best in character."
Holy Prophet Muhammed (Peace Be upon Him)
INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJIOON "To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return". (Al-Baqarah 2:156)
Namaz-e-Wahshat: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Ayatul Kursi should be recited once and in the second Raka'at, Surah al-Qadr should be recited 10 times after Surah-al-Hamd.
Namaz-e-Haddiye Mayyit: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Surah Qadr should be recited. In the second Raka'at, after Surah al-Hamd recite Surah Kawther.
Sheikh Jaffer H Jaffer invites all the youths of
the community to participate in a special event during the Thanksgiving Break:
- Thursday from 12:30pm - 3pm boys and girls between the ages of
14-25. Topic is an open forum to 'The Keys of Success'.
- Friday from 1pm - 3:30pm boys and girls between the ages of
9-13. Topic is 'Kerbala In Me'.
will be provided. Parents please encourage your children to attend these events
Please note, we are experiencing technical issues with the phone / answering service. Please share scheduling / announcements with friends and family who may not have access to web or email. We apologize for any inconvenience during this time - the issue has been reported and we hope to have this service restored soon.
- Thursday, July 31st (Shawwaal 4th Night)
- 7:30 pm Surah-e-Yasin followed by Majlis
- Majlis for Marhum Amirali Mohammed Jaffer
- Majlis recited by Sheikh Bilal Hussein
- 8:37 pm Salaatul Maghrib followed by Dua Kumayl and Ziyarat-e-Waritha
- Friday, August 1st (Shawwaal 5th Night):
- 1:00 pm Juma’a Program
- 8:36 pm Salaatul Maghrib
- Saturday, August 2nd (Shawwaal 5th Day / 6th Night):
- Eid Celebration Program
- 5:00 pm Hadith-e-Kisa, Gift Presentation follow by Maulud, Ziyarat and Dinner
- 8:35 pm Salaatul Maghrib
- Sunday, August 3rd (Shawwaal 6th Day):
- All community members are requested to donate generously to the Eid Dinner, Awards & Gift Fund. Members are requested to contribute a minimum of $25 per family.
- United Muslim Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of ECRA, Encouraging Children to Read Ahead, first reading incentive program formed by a Muslim organization for low-income public school. In loving memory of Shirin Aunty Jeevraj, UMF humbly requests donations to be made to support the needs of homeless in Florida. (Watch Video) Donations can be made online or, passed to Sr. Farha Fazel.
- Each year NASIMCO offers scholarships to students for Community Service and Academic Achievement (CSAA). The awards aim to encourage the youth of North American communities to excel in their academic achievements and also to reward them for their voluntary services in their respective communities. This year there are THIRTEEN scholarships available. Please visit www.nasimco.org for further information or click here to access the application form (View Program Flyer).
- Members are cordially invited to the NIkkah Ceremony of Br. Askarali Son of Kausarali and Suraiya Hassanali of Allentown to Sr. Tahera Daughter of Munir and Nargis Walji of Minnesota on Friday August 8th, 2014 at Anjuman-e-Asghari Brooklyn Park, MN. (Wedding Invitation).
- Press Release from the Al-Baquee Organization. Please view via the following link. (View Link).
Please make a donation today using our secure online donation form hosted by PayPal
Al-Ahad Islamic Center encourages all community members wishing to
donate towards a specific fund to a member of the management team. For
those wishing to donate towards GENERAL FUNDS may do so online. Please
note PayPal does charge upto 3.5% in fees, kindly add 3.5% towards your
intended donation amount so the receipt can reflect the intended
donation. Thank you for your support.